Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Hunger Games



Let me start by saying that I have NEVER been a reader. In fact, I have despised reading my whole life. Until now.

My bestie, Sarah, gave me her year old kindle a couple of weeks ago. She got an ipad so she said she didn't have a need for her kindle anymore and gave me hers. She gave me the kindle a couple of days after Blake and I went and saw The Hunger Games in the theatre. I loved the movie so much and all three books of the series were downloaded already so I said why the hell not. I'll give pleasure reading a try and see how it goes.

Well, it went well. I read the first book in a week! I have never EVER done that before. I have always thought of myself as a slow reader, but apparently I can speed though things that I am enjoying. I started the second book the day I finished the first one and finished that too in a week. Well, I have a couple chapters left, but you get the hint. I am obsessed with The Hunger Games, and I mean 'teen girl obsessed with Justin Timberlake' obsessed. And, I like it.

If you are looking for a book to read, PLEASE read this one. You will not be disappointed. I promise. It is so suspenseful (in a good way) that you will not be able to put it down.

Thank you Sarah Furbee for introducing me to Katniss and the Hunger Games! And, thank you soooo much for the kindle. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment