Monday, October 3, 2011

Texans vs. Steelers

On Sunday, we went to the Texans vs. Steelers game at Reliant with the Furbees. We just about spent 24 hours straight together, minus sleep time. We love us some Furbee! Dan got three club tickets through work, and Blake was able to get one club ticket through work so we all four could go. This was our first Texans game of the year so we were super excited.


We got to the club level a little before 11:00 a.m. to hang out before the game, and as Sarah and I were walking to the bathroom a guy that worked for the Texans handed us both $100 gift certificates to the restaurant 51 Fifteen. He said that he was giving them out and they were legit, $100 towards anything at the restaurant, booz too.


On our way back from the bathroom we passed the guy again and thanked him. He asked us if we wanted to go down on the field and be on the jumbo tron as a promotional thing for getting one of the gift certificates. He said only one person could be on the screen, but that we both could go. My first thought is that Blake would love this. I offered it to him, but he said that he had already done it, so he wanted me to go down there. So, Sarah and I went down to the field for about an hour during warm ups and for the first 8 minutes of the game. It was AWESOME!! I let Sarah have the screen time because I get awkward on camera. She ended up being on the screen for about 10 seconds and did a great job!



All other people on the field before the game started had to leave before the national anthem. We felt so VIP that we got to stay! When the game first started they were so close to us that I got a little nervous for my safety! They are so BIG. :)


Hangin in the club.


Seat view.


No comments:

Post a Comment