Well, I am no longer in my 20s. Weird. I am a little sad to see that decade go but have heard that your 30s are your best years. I have a lot to look forward to.
Blake and I got our first night away on Friday night. We wanted to go somewhere within quick driving distance since we were only going to be gone one night, and we came up with the new Golden Nugget in Lake Charles, LA.
I really wasn't expecting much. I had never been to Lake Charles before and in my mind it was kind of gross. It was actually really nice. The hotel is like a mini Vegas hotel just 2 hours away in the middle of nowhere Louisiana. When we first got there we headed straight to the pool where I proceeded to take a patron shot. Now, I haven't taken a shot of alcohol is probably 2 years so this was literally out of left field. The pool was pretty vegasy, I felt "free", and I guess I wanted to prove to myself that I am still cool at 30. Not going to lie, I felt kinda cool doing it.
Right after the said patron shot.
View from our balcony.
The room!
We had dinner at Vic & Anthony's. Then gambled a little where I proceeded to lose quite a bit on slots. Yes, slots. Thank goodness for Blake's gambling skills. He mostly made up for my loss.
A night away when you have a baby is good for the soul. It allows you to reset and blow off some steam. Of course, we talked about her a lot of missed her like crazy.
The next night Blake threw me a little birthday shindig at one of my favorite places, Queen Vic. Sadly, we only got a few pictures, but I had a great time with 24 of my favorite people.
Embarrassing birthday singing.
Annie!
My 30s won't be so bad especially with little Emmy Bear and her cute self around.



No comments:
Post a Comment