Baby girl got baptized on Sunday. Everything went super smoothly. She did great. We had Chuck Simmons, the same minister who married Blake and I, baptize her. We chose to do it after the church service instead of during mostly because I hate standing in front of crowds, but partly because I wanted it to be more intimate.
The only little hiccup was some spit up down the cleavage right after...
Argue Clan
Allen Clan
Todd and Christina are her Godparents. She is pregnant with a baby boy and due in November!
Karen happened to be in town and came to church to see.
This handmade baptism dress has a special meaning to it. My mom and I traveled to Europe to visit some friends the summer after I graduated from high school (2004). While shopping in Brussels Belgium we came across baptism dresses. This was way before any grandchildren were in the family, and even before I met Blake, but my mom said there will most likely be a little girl in the family some day so lets buy one. I remember thinking then that this is so far off for me, but I am so glad we bought it. It will be handed down for Emerson's kids, and hopefully my great grandchildren.
Precious little peanut.
After church we headed over to my parents house for lunch and football watching.
I LOVE this picture.
Uncle Granty.
Some more pics from the weekend.
Football watching on a nice day in our backyard.
I pray that Emmy grows to know God and makes Him a part of her life daily.




















No comments:
Post a Comment