We just got back from four days in Paradise. Literally, Paradise Island in the Bahamas. We were lucky enough to stay at the One & Only Ocean Club. That hotel has been one of those places where I have always wanted to go, and it certainly lived up to all the hype. This trip was one for us to get away and totally relax. And, relax stress free is what we did.
Our room.
View from our room.
Looking at the beach bar.
I love hammocks, and we definitely made use of them while we were there.
The Courtyard restaurant.
Taking a grounds tour the afternoon we arrived.
The grounds were stunning. It had an old plantation feel to it.
We then grabbed a fruity beach cocktail and took a sunset walk on the beach.
I love the surfer in the background.
One of my favorite parts of everyday was the late early evening complementary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. :)
The first night we had dinner at Dune, the beach restaurant at the hotel.
We love morning jogs/workouts on vacay. I especially loved the outdoor weight part of the gym. We took a jog through the One & Only residence neighborhood which was filled the giant mansions.
Then, we did a lot of beach laying.
You know I am a happy camper when I found fresh coconut water.
Staying at the Ocean Club you get Atlantis access whenever you want, so the next night we went over the the Atlantis for dinner and a little gambling. I was excited to try the celebrity sushi hot spot, Nobu.
Just one of the many ginormous yachts at the Atlantis. Blake and I often dream of what it would be like to own one of those. Dream is the key word.
The next day we got a couples Balinese massage (which was probably one of the most relaxing of my life), pooled it, and chilled in the hammocks.
Since the food was pretty expensive there, I thought ahead and packed many snacks and smaller breakfast items, however, one morning we had to do room service breakfast on our patio. Well worth it!
Cheers! The best Banana Daiquiri ever!
We also ate dinner at a local place called the Poop Deck. Don't let the name fool you, it was great.
Our last day we went on an excursion in a power boat to the Exuma Keys. It took an hour and a half to get there, but it was worth it.
Stopped to feed the Iguanas.
When we pulled up to Saddleback Cay, there were quite a few Lemon sharks waiting for us. We even got to feed them the scraps of our lunch!
The day started out a little cloudy, but quickly turned around.
This cove was awesome because you could basically walk in the whole thing!
On the drive back home, we stopped at a sandbar in the middle of the ocean. It was something you see in beach brochures.
This was probably my favorite part of the whole trip.
It literally looked like a never ending 2 - 3 foot deep swimming pool.
I just love this picture.
Dinner the last night at the beach restaurant again.
I just loved this beach bar. It is rated one of the best in the Caribbean.
What a fabulous trip! 4 days wasn't long enough. Take me back!




































No comments:
Post a Comment