Well, I actually pulled it off. Blake was surprised on Friday night. Pulling off a surprise party is no easy feat. I felt like as much time as I spent planning the shindig, I spent just as much time covering my tracks. The party turned out so well. It was a no frills event in the private room at Texadelphia complete with beer, margaritas, March madness, food and friends. Something I knew Blake would love.
For decorations I bought cheap tablecloths at Hobby Lobby that can be used again. I also ordered six giant balloons online, and by giant I mean three feet in diameter. I think they are so much more interesting and fun than a regular bouquet of balloons. The room already had the lights hung up and the white lantern balls.
To show how big the balloons were. Miller said he was Micky Mouse!
On each table, I also had 8x10 funny pictures of Blake framed. I got the frames at Hobby Lobby for half price. But, shhhh I plan on taking them back. Why would I need to have 10 of the exact same frame?
I also had koozies made.
I wanted something different for Blake's cake, not just a regular sheet cake. I thought that a big 3-0 would be fun, and it was a big hit!
Me, mom and sissy setting up.
Don't worry, this was taken down before he arrived.
Everyone waiting for Blake to arrive.
He really had no idea. He thought we were doing something with a small group of people the night after this. He had just come from playing golf with my dad and Jud and thought he was meeting my mom, sister and I at Texadelphia for dinner.
So cute!
Birthday speech and shot.
He had no idea his mom and Pat were coming in town either. Another great surprise!
Fun table!
Love these girls!
Old man rivers.
Read King crew.
Yep, we sang and he blew out candles.
At the end of the night - Trey trying to pop a balloon.
The next day we went to Top Golf with Blake's family. Grant got to the party towards the end of the night, but it was awesome he made it because he was supposed to be working.
Happy 30th Birthday, babe. I love you mucho!










No comments:
Post a Comment