Friday, September 27, 2013

Round Top Finds

This year was a successful year at Round Top Antique Weeks. I went not really thinking I was going to find/buy much, but stuff found me! Here is the loot I got this year.
 
I had been looking for a rug for our guest room mainly because the previous owners had stained the seagrass carpet pretty badly. First, I had called five different carpet cleaning companies to see if the spots could be cleaned, but all five said that they don't clean seagrass. Ugh! When I saw these longhorn hides I thought "how cool...how unexpected...I think I need one."
 
It looks great in the room and Blake loves it. Win!
 
 
I have been looking for candelabra sconces for either side of the painting in my living room for some time now. I thought these were just gorgeous so I went for it. Turns out that they are way too big for my living room, but look awesome in my dining room! Success.


 
Then I saw this awesome boot chair and just had to have it. False. It was funny so I took a picture.

 
Blue pottery made in the south of France. Bought!

 
We stopped for lunch at this place and had some chicken salad.

 
And then I found the cutest little wagon. I know, you are probably thinking what in the world is she going to do with that. Well I'll tell ya that I'm gonna fill it with pumpkins and sit it in my front yard for the Fall. How cute! Blake's words when he saw it sitting in my parents' yard the evening we got back were, "I hope that's not my wagon sitting outside". Well babe, it is, and I bet you are going to learn to love it. :)


I also got a framed sketch for my bathroom, but didn't take a picture of it because its a nude! I got it to remind me to love and appreciate my body no matter what!
 
My sister had a few great finds for their house remodel. Bummed I didn't take any pics of her cool stuff. I would say it was a rather successful trip to Round Top!


No comments:

Post a Comment