Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Nashville

We have been traveling fools lately! This past weekend we made a trip up to Nashville to see my best friend and her husband. They moved to Nashville about 15 months ago, and I hadn't seen them since. It had been WAY TOO LONG.
 
Blake had been to Nashville once before, but I had never been. OMG I love that city. I could live there in a heartbeat.
 
Katie is a second year resident at Vanderbilt. I thought it was the cutest thing ever when she came home from work in her white coat. :) Katie is brilliant, and I would totally trust her as my doctor.
 
 
Their house is awesome! It was an older home with a huge added on section in the back. I just loved it. It was so close to the park, restaurants, and shops!

 
We had a great dinner at a little restaurant within walking distance of their house.


The next morning we took a drive through the country. It was so pretty! The weather was perfection as well.

 
We then went to Loveless Cafe for a good ole southern brunch. This place has been on the travel channel for their food.

 
There was an hour and a half wait so we played bags and hung out.


 
 
We were feeling a little full and sluggish afterwards so we went for a walk with the dogs in the park near their house.

 
We then ventured to the famous Broadway Street for a drink or two.

 
So. Many. Country. Bars.


 
We hit a couple of the older more famous bars, Tootsies and Legends. Love the Akers!



I just love her so much! I miss her all the time.

 
We then were able to meet up with Blake's cousin, Drew, and his family for dinner.
 
We had a ton of fun in Nashvegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment