This past weekend we made a quick trip up to the mountians. Why can't I live there all the time?!?!
We got in on Thursday night and stopped in town for dinner and drinks. We made a quick stop at the Durango Dawg House for a drink. Its an outdoor patio bar on the roof of a building with live music. I will for sure be going back there! We then headed to dinner at my personal fave, Ken and Sue's.
The next morning we went for a hike. A five hour hike! We looked through my dad's book of Durango hiking trails and just picked one. It was called the Cascade Creek Trial. We loved it!
My favorite time of year in the mountians... Fall! I love all the yellow.
It was chilly, but not so bad when we were moving. Trey soaking up some rays on a break.
Annie took this pick and we didn't even know it! Pretty cool.
After the hike we went to the club for a hot toddy with extra whipped cream. We earned it!
We then went into town and had a glass of wine at Eno, the wine bar in Durango. We then had dinner at Steamworks Brewery.
After dinner we made our way to my favorite bar in downtown Durango, The Local Pour. This used to be called the Derailed Saloon. It was a little different than before, but I think I like it better.
The next day was ziplining. We took the train from the Rockwood station to Tall Timber Resort. It was only about 45 minutes. You can't get to the ziplining place any other way.
Bummed its blurry!
So, this is the longest ziplining course in the United States. Kelly Ripa did the course so it has to be awesome, right? It was. We did 27 differnt ziplines, and had a blast.
Annie was so scared. Here is a pic of each of us before we started. This stuff doesn't phase me at all. I love adventure!
This was the second zipline of the day. Sweet Annie is hugging the tree. :)
This was one of my favorite runs called Aspen Alley. On the longer runs you could do tricks like go upside down or backwards. I was all over that!
Now look at her, cool as a cucumber.
We had a nice lunch by the river. It was cold this day so soup and a sandwhich was just what we needed.
Go, Annie, Go!
#BETA
After ziplining we came back to the house, had some some wine and beer, made some chili, sat by the fire, and played some games. What a perfect trip! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment