Colorado in the wintertime is phenomenal. I just love all the snow. It makes it even more beautiful.
The icicles off of our bedroom window were huge!
Blake and I went snowshoeing one snowy day. Neither of us had ever been before so we wanted to try it out. The club has snowshoes that you can use whenever you want which is nice. Let me tell you that snowshoeing is a serious workout, especially when you go uphill. It was so much fun though.
That night we all took Miller and Miles to go on The Polar Express. The train that runs from Durango to Silverton does a special Polar Express ride in December. IT WAS AMAZING. They do such a good job in replicating everything. They played the music from the Polar Express movie as the train was approaching. It literally gave me chills it was so cool.
You get to dress in pajamas (only the kids did in our group since we were going to dinner after) and drink hot chocolate. Yes, we did bring our own bottle of peppermint schnapps. We were that family.
Conductor stamping our tickets.
Love this picture of Miles.
Santa even came on board to say hello.
After the Polar Express we went to dinner at Mutu's, a favorite restaurant of ours in downtown Durango.
The morning of my dad's birthday. Bloody Marys!
We went sledding down the big sledding hill in Glacier club. That is something that I also had never done. It was fun!
Getting ready to sled.
Sweet Miller.
I think this is me...
The club also has tubes and sleds for you to use.
New Years Eve. The club had a big NYE party that we went to. Lindsey and Jud had a sitter lined up for two months for this, but she called and canceled a hour before she was supposed to be there. The roads were too bad for her to get up to Glacier Club. :(
We did sortof a tag team deal. Everyone but Jud went up to the club at first and then Blake went home to relieve Jud so he could eat, and then Linds and Jud went home so Blake could come back. We made the best of it, and we still had a lot of fun.
Love this picture of the four of us. It has been so long since we have done a pic just of us.
Joe and Pam dancing as usual. :)
For my dad's birthday Blake and I got him a customized bobblehead. I sent in four different pictures of his face and then they made it as close as they could. I really didn't think that it looked like him all that much, but it was funny nonetheless. The bobblehead was wearing an Amegy Bank golf shirt.
Miller and I goofing around.
Skiing! Blake skied three days and I skied twice. I can't wait to take friends up there in a couple weeks and ski again. Woo Hoo! I LOVE that place.

























No comments:
Post a Comment