Finally! The half bath is in our house is completed. I had been gradually re-doing it for months now. It all started when Blake and I painted it what I thought was going to be a grey-blue color about six months ago. When we got it on the walls it was pretty much baby blue. It was horrendous. It was left a mess (fixtures not hung, holes in the walls) for a while. I was so embarrassed for anyone to come over and use the bathroom.
It probably also took me a while because I am a little ADD. I always start a project, seem to get frustrated half way through and then start another one without finishing the first. This is a pattern in my home improvement life. In the middle of the bathroom project I started working on the guest room. In the middle of my back patio project, I started working on this bathroom. Now, I just have my guestroom project going on and I already have the itch to do more with our bedroom. Geez, I need to chillax.
I ordered this linen shade on sale from Restoration Baby and Child for $100! Pretty rockin deal if you ask me. All the other shades I was looking at were $300+. Blake worked long and hard on hanging the shade. It must have been really difficult because he was probably the most frustrated I have ever seen him hanging that thing. Thanks, babe!!
I am having a love affair with this paint color. I would literally paint my whole house in it if I could. It is Restoration Hardware paint and the color is called Slate. When I was out of town one weekend my sweet husband re-painted the bathroom all on his own!
I had this trashcan made from Ballard Designs. I love the linen look with the monogrammed A. The marble soap dispenser I found at Marshall's Home Goods, $20. The topiary is a real dried topiary in a stone vase. I found that at Urban Market this year for $50. I just love it. The tray on the back of the toilet was from Cost Plus World Market, $10. Little antiqued silver candle holder is from Pottery Barn, $10.
I found this adorable little book shelf at Urban Market last year. It was $30!! If you can't tell, I have an obsession with markets! My mom made the hydrangea arrangement for me. Those are real dried hydrangeas from my wedding. The coral is from Pottery Barn, and if I remember correctly it was $20.
These coral prints are from Z Gallerie. They were on sale and I think $180 for the pair.
I found this rug online, and I honestly can't remember where. I am not 100% in love with it, but it was the right size for the space and really cheap. I think it was $75.
I have given the prices of what I buy, because I like to show that you can redo a space for a small or reasonable amount of money. My new favorite show is the High Low Project on HDTV. The premise is they design someones dream room that is often a $35,000 room, and then recreate the exact same room with what those people can afford. Finding good deals is thrilling to me. I am always on the hunt. But, I also like nice things. Finding nice things for cheap is the best. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment