It has been one whole year since Blake and I got married! It is super crazy to think that it has been a year, but a great year it has been! We made sure that a majority of the weekend was spent just he and I. It was absolutely wonderful.
On Saturday we went to a suuuperr nice dinner at Ristorante Cavour at Hotel Granduca. It was maybe the nicest dinner I have ever been to in Houston, comparable with Mark's. We had 2 1/2 hour four course meal with really great wine. I highly recommend it for a romantic dinner. It was so nice not to be rushed out of there and be able to enjoy ourselves.
Before dinner we popped my favorite bubbly, Vueve Clicquot, and opened presents. The gift for first year anniversaries is paper. I took it literally, and only gave him paper. Blake gave me one small thing that was paper, but the majority of the gift was not.
I love this picture. My camera wanted to take it in poster mode for some reason, but I think that is what makes me like it so much.


I got Blake tickets to the Dynamo Vs. LA Galaxy game later on this month, and made him a cute and cheesy coupon book with a bunch of nice things that I can do for him. Neither of us have ever been to a game before, and I thought he would be super excited since he played soccer growing up and in high school. Blake got me a Christian based book that a friend had recommended we read together, and a bunch of Lululemon stuff. I had been wanting a bunch of their stuff for a while, but it is so expensive that I wouldn't buy it for myself. He got me two shirts, leggings, shorts, a water bottle, and an awesome gym bag. I absolutely LOVE everything. Now that I have awakened my love for lululemon, I am worried that if you combine my love for working out with my compulsive shopping habits, our bank accounts will diminish. :)

On Sunday morning I came downstairs to this! Blake had gotten up early, went to the store, and made this adorable breakfast. He knows I don't like big unhealthy breakfasts, so he made fruit salad, english muffins, and fruit/yogurt/granola parfaits. He also got me one rose for our one year anniversary.
Here is our one year cake. We have had it in the freezer for a year. It came wrapped in saran wrap, foil, and the box was taped so no air could get into it. I didn't have high hopes for this cake since it was a year old, but it was actually really good and moist (ugh, hate that word). It was chocolate on the bottom and white on top. The appearance left something to be desired, since the saran had smooshed it though. 
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY hun! Can't wait to spend many more with you.
That was the most precious post EVER!
ReplyDelete