I have somewhat of a slipcover obsession. Joanie from Cote de Texas really got me started loving them. Here is her living room.
And another room.
I had my four parson kitchen chairs slipcovered when we moved into our new house by
LS Slipcovers and Bedding, and loved their work. I think white slipcovers look so clean, classic, elegant, and comfortable all at the same time.
Here is our old kitchen in our townhouse and the before parsons chairs. I just really got tired of that green fabric.
Here is our old kitchen in our townhouse and the before parsons chairs. I just really got tired of that green fabric.
Here are the after pics. I chose a white linen fabric. I love the button detail on the back.
And the pleated detail on the front corners.
So, now I am in the process of making the room off of our kitchen a working office. I bought this wing back chair for $125 off of Memorial Area Trading. It's a facebook site where people in the Memorial area in Houston post nice furniture, clothes, etc that they want to sell. Genius idea. It's like an up scale craigs list.
Great bones, just needs to be recovered, or better yet, slipcoverd!
I found this picture online as my inspiration picture.
And, here is my final product!
I just love it. Slipcovers get a bad reputation sometimes because people think that you constantly have to be adjusting them and putting them back in place. That is not the case if you get them custom made for your furniture. There might be the occasional adjustment, but it is not all the time. The best part about them is that if they get dirty, which my white ones certainly will, you just throw them in the wash!
I chose a pleated short skirt, but there are many different options there.
Since my parsons chairs had buttons on the back, I had to add them here too. Adorable.



No comments:
Post a Comment