Merry Christmas from Ella Lee Lane!
We had big plans for outdoor Christmas lights this year. We have a huge tree in our front yard (not pictured below) and we thought it would be awesome to wrap it roots to limbs with lights. Well, we would have needed to hire professionals and apparently professional Christmas light hangers are EXPENSIVE! Then, I went to Home Depot and bought a whole bunch of net lights for the front bushes. We couldn't plug more than three together without blowing a fuse because they were high density.We had to return those because we wanted to hook 10 of them together. Never made my way to find low density. So, this is what we got year one. We plan to add more each year. Watch out, five years from now this place could be a regular Griswold house!
I had to call my Christmas decorator (mom) over to help with the garland outside. One of these years I will learn how to do it, but its just my mom is so good at it so its easy to let her do it. ;)
I bought this wreath this fall at a design showroom. Most of the year it is only open to interior decorators, but they open it to the public one weekend to sell Christmas decorations.
Tree! Mom helped here too with the ribbon and berries. So, our tree is a nine foot tree. Our townhouse had very tall ceilings. We now have 8 foot ceilings. What to do? Take a hacksaw to the top! It fits accept you can't put a star or angel on top.
The berries and sparkly burlap ribbon are new additions this year.
Dining room display.
Breakfast Nook.
Basically the only thing I don't like about our house is that there is no fireplace! A fireplace sure could have come in handy these past few weeks since its been so cold. But, really I am more upset about not having a place to hang stockings. So, this will have to do.
I just love checking the mail every day in December!
Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment