Monday, August 26, 2013

Ella Lee Entry Way

I have been waiting to put up pictures of the new house until rooms get finished, or at least close to finished. I can finally say that the entry way is complete with an exception of hanging the mirror and taking the sticker off of it which will require lots of goo gone that I don't have.
 
This room is seriuosly my favorite in the entire house. Weird, right? Well, its because everything in this room is new and more my style right now.
 
Looking in from the dining room.
 
 
This picture was my inspiration photo. I found this on pinterest or houzz (can't remember which one) about a year ago and just loved it. I loved the symmety and the colors. Just beautiful.

 
This is how mine turned out. I decided to go with a darker chest because everything in my dining room is light wood, so I needed some contrast. I also decided to go with a mirror instead of smaller prints. I use a lot of mirrors in my house because being smaller, it helps to create the illusion of more space.
 
 
The chest I got from Memorial Antiques & Interiors. I love to walk through MAI. I'll stop in every so often just to admire the beautiful stuff. BUT, MAI is rather pricey, so I don't buy much there. I had been eying this piece for quite a while. Every time I went in I would almost buy it, but then would talk myself off the ledge since it was so expensive. Insane buyer's remorse expensive. But, one day I went in and lo and behold it was 50% off. 50%!!! I mean, I saw the sale tag and was hoping for 20%, but it was half freaking off. So, I immdiately call my mom and send her photos to make sure I am not making a huge mistake. She approved. I bought. It is very antique. When we were bringing it in I thought it might break, but it didn't and I LOVE it!


As for the orchids I can't have anything real or dried out in my house because my cat likes to eat it. So, I had been looking for a faux orchid arrangement for a while. But, here is the thing with fake flowers, you have to be really picky. Honestly, the more expensive the better because cheap fake flowers are just bad. I found this on One Kings Lane. They were originally very pricey, but these were over half off so I did it, and I am so glad that I did! They look so real!


These lamps are Aiden Gray and are from Layla Grayce. I just love that website, but they did take about 2 1/2 months to come in. I had to practice serious patience.

 
I bought the mirror from an antique dealer that I met at Round Top last year. She actually goes to my church and lives about a mile away from me! My favorite thing to do is call her up and meet her at her warehouse where she keeps tons of french antiques. It's like a dream come true for me. I brought this mirror and another all gold Louis Phillippe home to test them out. I am so glad that I went with this one. So pretty!

 
I got these two little French prints from Village Antiques. Can you tell that I love all things French?!



I took a chance on the rug by ordering it online. It's always hard to tell colors from a computer screen, but it worked out. It's from Horchow. My husband hates when I start a sentence "Hey hun, Horchow is having a sale...".


The old homeowners took the entry light fixture so I replaced it with this lantern from Shades of Light.

 
More rooms coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment