Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Little R&R in CO

I was fortunate enough to spend eight days in Colorado last week doing a whole lost of relaxing. Blake wasn't able to go get off of work, so I invited Amanda up for a few days and then stayed five more days with my parents. It was so nice to be up there in the peace and quiet.
 
My days consisted of the following: Sleep in, enjoy a couple cups of coffee and breakfast leisurely, maybe work for a couple hours, go for a 90 minute hike, relax on the couch, watch some TV, read, go out to dinner with my parents, read more, and then go to bed early.
 
IT. WAS. AWESOME.
 
I really needed the down time coming off of a super busy summer and heading into a busy fall season at work. And, there isn't a better place on this earth to do that in. My favorite place!
 
This is at the airport the day Amanda and I left Houston. The lady thought my name was Heaven. :)
 
 
The first morning we went for a walk to the top of the cliff in Glacier Club.

 
Then we went to up to the Mountain and took a ride on the ski lift and had lunch.



I'm just so happy to be in Colorado!

 
Before heading into town. Just relaxing and chatting on the deck.



We took Amanda to the Saloon for a predinner drink. You literally go back in time...
 

 
The next day was an adventure. We took the jeep off roading and saw some amazing sites.




My view from the back seat.



We went up this road right on the other side of Silverton. It was so beautiful at the top. It looked like we were in the middle of the Sound of Music.

 
My great parents.







We then kept driving to Ouray for lunch.



And got out and did a little hike before the rain started. It rained for a little almost every day I was there. Apparently, they call July and August monsoon season...




They call this area the Switzerland of America.

 
Taking it all in.



My dad is afraid of ledges. Hence his face.



And of course...anywhere there is a historical sign.

 
We went into town both nights for dinner when Amanda was there. After she left is when all the relaxation happened.
 
Morning jogs...


...Honey farms...



 
(my purchases)


...Rainbows...

 
...and deer.

 
Oh, and of course, lots of hikes.



We even found this old ore mine.

 
Thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful week that I will remember forever. I can't wait to get back up there! Love you both.



No comments:

Post a Comment