Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Most Wonderful Season in the Most Wonderful Place


We just got back from four great days in Durango with the rents. Yes, I know we have been jetsetters lately, but I have not been able to take vacation in four or five months due to work so its all lumped together at the end of the year. We really wanted to go see the change in color of all Aspen trees. Aspens are my favorite tree, and they turn a beautiful shade of bright yellow at the end of September/early October. This was the first time we were able to make the trip during the Fall.

The first morning my mom and I went for a hike on the trail right out of Glacier Club. Sadly, this trail will be no longer since the land that the trail is on is being developed into an additional 9 holes of golf. They are supposed to start clearing the land this week.

After our hike the boys picked us up to ride the back 9. Nice form honey! I can never get over how beautiful the golf courses are there.

That night we went into town and ate at Steamworks Brewing Company. There are four local breweries in Durango, and this one always has people waiting outside to eat so we chose this one. The food was great and the atmosphere fun!


The next morning we drove to Chris Park and did about an hour and 15 minute hike to the Haviland Lake. The hike was great, but the best part was the views at the end.


I love this picture, and I LOVE Colorado!





We then drove to another nearby larger lake, Electra lake, just to take in the scenery. It was beautiful!

One night we went up to the club for dinner.


We had a great, relaxing trip. I think I am meant for Colorado. I love hiking in the Mountains more than anything.  I guess we will just have to go up there every chance we get!

1 comment: