Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mountain House

My parents recently bought a place in Durango, Colorado in a golf community called Glacier Club. I could not be more excited because I absolutely love everything about the mountains. I love how causual it is up there, I love the majestic beauty of the mountains, and I just feel so relaxed. I CANNOT wait to be up there as much as possible.


This past weekend my mom, dad, and sister went up to Santa Fe and Durango to buy furniture and get some things done with the house. If you know me and my love for decorating, this trip was heaven for me. Especially since it wasn't my money I was helping spend. :) We spent the entire 4 days working really hard to get as much done as possible because everyone is going back up again during Spring Break.


Dad and Linds bored at one of the many furniture stores.


The Argue Mountain House!!! We have been up to Durango several times, but never in the winter. It was even better with snow everywhere. The ski mountain, Durango Mountain, is about 15 minutes away. It's pretty small in comparison to Breakenridge, Vail, etc., but hopefully that means no ski lift lines!


My cute parents. They were so excited to go in.


Carrying her over the threshold. So adorable.


I thought I would give a mini home tour...


The living room and dining room right as you walk in the front door.




Kitchen.


Master Bedroom.



Master Bath.


Each room on the main floor has a screen that controls music for the house. Sweet!


High tech light switches.


Basement. Having a basement is the best part since we don't get them in Texas.



Wine cellar off the basement.


View off deck in the back. The house sits on the 9th hole of the golf course, which means we are really close to the club for dinner, the bar, golf, working out etc.



View 2. I love Aspen trees!


My mom had ordered a bunch of stuff online for the house like glasses, plates, towels etc. We opened the garage door to find this stack! It took forever to unpack.



We didn't find as much furniture as we wanted to, but did get a few good things. I think now my mom is going to order a bunch of stuff from places like Restoration Hardware. We have nothing in the house now except for two chairs and a cow hide rug!


All of the below things are from American Country Collection. I love that store!!


This is a chair and a half that folds out into a twin bed.


Love love this antique trunk.



Charcoal print. We got two.



Awesome armoir/cabinet for the kitchen.




1 comment: