Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from the Allens!




It is now less than one week until Christmas. This is the best week of the Christmas season because all of the excitement for Christmas builds and builds. The lead up to Christmas is, in my opinion, better than Christmas Day itself. All of my shopping is done except for one small stocking item for Blake. This year I did 90% of my Christmas shopping online. It is 150% worth it to me to spend the shipping money and not have to battle the crowds at the malls. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me cringe. Being out on the roads in December is horrible and already enough torture for me. Everyone turns a bit crazy, and I mean crazy, while driving this month. So, I may have spent $75 extra on shipping, but it saved my sanity. I will from now on budget shipping money into the Christmas budget.


We are headed up to KC for Christmas this year. We leave on Thursday afternoon and I am super pumped about being in the COLD weather, spending time with Blake's family, and really just getting out of town. We will be doing Christmas with my family on Thursday morning with our "Christmas Eve Dinner" on the 21st.


Instead of sending a Christmas card to everyone at my office, this is what I drew on the white board in my office. I am pretty proud of my creation. I try to do something like this for every holiday. I know, I am cheesy, but it makes me smile.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas and that you remember what Christmas is really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment