Having four days off and not going anywhere was pure heaven. It actually felt like a break. On Wednesday late afternoon Blake and I went to the Galleria to ice skate. Going ice skating had been on the to-do list for quite some time, and we thought it was a perfect time with all the Christmas decorations up. Blake impressed me with his mad ice skating skills from all the years of playing hockey. He was so good! I hadn't skated in about 10 years so I was scared for my front teeth, however I didn't fall once and actually impressed myself with my skating abilities. :)
On Thanksgiving morning we woke up and did the 10K Houston Turkey Trot. We hadn't done it before, and it was great. We said that we will do it every year that we are in town for Thanksgiving from now on. It was absolutely perfect running weather!
I knew a few different people running in it, but we ran into Cort and Katy afterwards. So fun!
After the Turkey trot we went over to my parents house for the day. Well, we actually ended up spending 2 and 1/2 days over there the entire weekend. This is the first year that the Argue family cooked a fried turkey. We all loved it so much that we said we will never go back to a regular turkey again!
Nothin' like fried turkey and my favorite champagne, Vueve!
The Thanksgiving weekend was just perfect with a ton of family and relaxation. Just what I needed!

No comments:
Post a Comment