Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Matt and Leslie's Wedding

This past weekend we went up to Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota for Matt and Leslie's wedding. Matt is one of Blake's college friends and he was asked to be a groomsmen. I had been up to Minnesota once before for Jud's sisters' wedding when I was 16, but I didn't remember how beautiful it is. The cities are gorgeous, so clean, and the high was 85 degrees. It was great to get out of the humid sweaty mess that is Houston.

On Thursday evening there was a cocktail party/dinner at one of Leslie's family friends' houses. The house was gorgeous and there were about 40 people there. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures that night.


On Friday the boys all went to lunch and had a tour of Target stadium. That day I worked out, got lunch, walked around downtown, and went shopping with Christina. Friday night was the rehearsal dinner at the Minneapolis Club. It was beautiful.

Blake and I at the Minneapolis Club



Todd, Christina, Me and Blake





Emery, Katie, Me, Christina, Kate, and Jenny
The church they got married in was the St. Paul Cathedral and it was HUGE!


Pretty flowers. Her color scheme was purple for TCU.


The reception was in a museum in St. Paul. It was so neat to go to a reception that wasn't in a normal ballroom or country club.

Beautiful Leslie.

Those of us who weren't in the wedding party met and had drinks before the ceremony.


Love them. Maggie and Perry. I am trying to recruit her to work at TK. :)



Love you Carly. Great chat in the mother's room. :)



Mel, Emery, and Katie. Such fun girls.

Groom, Steve, Blake and Cubby.


At every TCU wedding it is now tradition to have a necktie limbo. In this case the ushers and groomsmen were in bow ties so they got creative with thier suspenders. Yes, my husband was one of the limbo poles...




And then there was the almighty drink bonfire. Goodness, you would think we are still in college.



Rah Rah TCU!

No comments:

Post a Comment