Last weekend five of my best girlfriends and I went to Ambergris Caye in Belize for our 30th birthdays. It was amazing. I haven't had concentrated girl time like that in forever. Four of us had babies at home so it was such a nice mommy getaway. Our husbands are champs for letting us go and taking care of the littles while we were gone. Mine even managed to crib train since Emerson was still sleeping in her rock in play due to reflux. I am a weakling and would have gone in there every time she cried. Blake gave her some tough love and it paid off!
We flew United direct to Belize City and then puddle jumped for 15 minutes to the caye. The plane sat 12.
Beautiful water.
You get around everywhere in golf carts. The only cars are 6 passenger van taxi's.
We had lunch when we got to our hotel, The Victoria House. A family from Houston owns it. It only has 40 rooms and is a wonderful secret. Basically everyone there was from Texas.
Some pictures of the grounds.
We then headed to Palapa beach bar for a couple hours.
You sit in tubes and they lower a bucket of beers on a pully system down to you. Genius.
That night we went to Wahoo's lounge for chicken shit bingo.
It was crazy, and its exactly what you think it is. You bet and then wait for a chicken to poop on a board.
We then had dinner at the Blue Water Grill. Fresh sushi!
They asked us if we wanted dessert and we said no, we were full. Then they said well each of you gets a free dessert because its your 30th birthday trip. And, we finished the desserts.
When your body is used to getting up at 6:30 AM, you get up at 6:30 AM.
Morning sun is the best.
The other early risers.
We then laid by the pool all day.
For some reason they kept giving us free shots. I think there was very little alcohol in them because I never really was drunk!
Dinner was at Wild Mangos!
Then we went to Fido's because Jerry Jeff Walker was playing. We missed the concert, but got there early enough to hang out with all the senior citizens who were there to see him.
And then we had our own dance party at the hotel bar.
These pictures make it seem as though we had a lot of shots. I guess we did have a lot of shots.... The key is to only take half. I learned that in college.
The next day we went snorkeling, and it was fantastic snorkeling. We saw a sea turtle, a shark, and a few sting rays!
Missy is a champ and pumped 5 times a day!
The last night we had dinner at the hotel.
Belize was surprisingly nice and clean where we were. The food was prepared in a healthy way and tasted good, the drinks were made with fresh squeezed everything, and the people were very friendly. I would definitely recommend The Victoria House to anyone looking for a quick getaway.
I LOVED getting to spend 3 days with my besties. Annual January trip? I think so.


No comments:
Post a Comment