Over Thanksgiving week the Allen family went on a cruise! We left from New Orleans so we went a day early partly so we could have less hassle the day we left on the cruise and partly so we could spend a night in NOLA. Blake had never been to New Orleans before, and I had only been once in middle school so it didn't really count.
We had dinner at a cute little Cajun joint right on Bourbon Street. We had shrimp, gumbo, and boudin - a perfect Louisiana meal. We then walked up and down Bourbon Street taking in all the sights. Luckily we were there early so it wasn't too crowded.
We had big ass beers (that were more extremely medium sized) and hurricanes. We also got some beads, although it was not due to flashing anyone. After a few of these said beverages, we ran into a gentleman who was playing the spoons on the street. I said to Blake that I wished I could play and the next thing I knew the board was over my shoulders and the spoons in my hand. I guess he heard me!
If you know me at all you know that I get really embarrassed to be the center of attention. A part of me wanted to say no way, but another part (probably the booze) said what the hell, you don't know any of these people, have fun with it! So I did. I was drug into the nearest bar and played the spoons for a couple minutes to accompany the band. Fun!
Me and the spoons gentleman.
We also saw a traditional Louisiana wedding march. It was cool to watch.
Then we hopped around to a couple of different bars. We made sure we were home early enough so we didn't feel terrible the next day. Success - we all woke up feeling fine!
What a fun night! NOLA is such a great place to party.








No comments:
Post a Comment