Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Colorado Livin'

 We just got back from Durango after being up there for four days. Every time I am up there I am so relaxed, and I love every second of it. There is something about the mountains that makes me so happy. What doesn't make me happy is that my parents are going to be up there for 6 weeks and my sister, Jud and the kids for a month. Stupid work. Wish I could be up there for longer...much longer.

We had a 6:00 a.m. flight on Friday morning which was good because we were at the house by Noon. The boys played golf that afternoon, and I rode in the cart for a few holes. The course is seriously amazing!

Boys on the course.

Fresh off the airplane.

Nice swing, hun!

The next day we went into town to run some errands for the house. There is still a lot to be done up there but it is coming along. After our errands my parents, sister, and I went and had a beer at my favorite bar in downtown Durango, the Derailed Saloon. We then met everyone else at my favorite restaurant in Durango (out of the ones I have eaten at thus far), Ken and Sue's.



Story time one morning. :)



We went to the club for dinner one night and had a little photo shoot out on the deck first.


Love this picture!



 The club is a five minute walk from the house. It is so nice to be able to walk up to dinner, the pool, or the workout room so easily - so convenient! We were waiting for everyone and decided to snap a pic.

 Monday morning B and I went on a 2 1/2 hour hike. There was a moving truck delivering furniture at the time blocking us in so we couldn't drive anywhere to start the hike. Fortunately for us, there is a hiking trail that starts at the back of Glacier Club. I love hiking and can't wait to go on many more up there.  

We had to hike through some of the golf course to get to the trail.


We were just walking down the road when we saw a real horned frog! I had never seen one in the wild before and it was so cool! Rah Rah TCU.


Love love love aspen trees. A cute little road we found on our hike.


The house is really coming along and looking great! The patio furniture and fire pit came when we were there. The last night we sat outside and made smores. So fun!






Until we meet again, Colorado. We already have our flights booked for spending 8 days up there over Christmas and New Years. Hopefully, we can make it up once before then.


No comments:

Post a Comment