Over the past few months I have slowly been redoing our guest bedroom. It used to be a hodgepodge of all of my stuff from college, and it looked like it. I wanted to make it a nice space for when we have guests come and stay with us!
BEFORE
AFTER
The curtains and bedding are the same with an exception of the sheets. I bought some restoration hardware rope tiebacks that really make the curtains stand out. I bought white sheets to lighten the bed up. I like the white a lot better. The linen pillow I found at Marshall's Homegoods for $20 and it matches the room perfectly! We didn't have a headboard before, and I had been on the lookout for a linen upholstered headboard for a while. All of the ones I liked were so expensive until I came across this one from Pier 1. It was $250! Such a steal.
The starburst mirror is from Wisteria. I got the idea to put a starburst above the headboard from my fave HGTV show The High Low Project. The lamps were on 30% off sale from Horchow. I got the sliver clock from Pottery Barn.
BEFORE
I had my bookshelves from college with just random stuff on them that I had accumulated over the years - not a great look. We also had a TV that didn't work from when flat screens first came out...
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
Got rid of the bookshelves and the TV. Added a distressed ladder that I ordered online a while back from I am not sure where. I just got the silver magazine holder from Wisteria (50% off). The dresser was my baby dresser actually that my mom had refinished a few years ago!
The coral framed piece I got from Urban Market in February. I love the pink detailing. The distressed urn and fake hydrangeas are from Pottery Barn. My friend, Amanda, told me I was afraid of color (which is true) and so I have been trying to add spurts of color around the house! I chose pink for this room.
The little black chest shouldn't really be there, but we don't have any other place for it so for right now it will stay. The two prints I got at Round Top market this year. They are made from Italian wood and I love them. The bedside tables I got at Urban Market in February as well. Only $100 each. I loooove a good find. And, last the little white box on the bedside table is filled with shells and coral from our honeymoon in Bora Bora.
All the updates make the room look so much nicer and more spacious. Can you tell I LOVE to decorate! :)










Looking good Ev! What's next?
ReplyDeleteBlake told me I was banned from working on the house for a while!!!
ReplyDelete