Monday, December 13, 2010

The Lost Clutch

Last weekend at the friends wedding in Waco we were at (see previous post), I had quite a bit to drink. I had so much fun dancing it up at the wedding and again at the bar afterwards that I didn't have a care in the world. Every morning after I go out, the first thing that runs through my mind is "Oh my gosh, do I have my purse". I always panic for a few seconds and then find it. Well, this time my clutch was no where to be found when I woke up in the hotel room in Waco, TX.

On our way out of town Sunday morning Blake and I swing by the bar we went to after the wedding. I thought that surely I would find it there and we could be on our way. False. The bar did not open until 5 PM on TUESDAY!!! We headed back to Houston sans clutch.

In the mean time I had called the reception ballroom, called the hotel, called the friend that drove us back to the hotel from the bar and....nada. The bar is my only option. Not having a phone is horrible, especially when you are having ALL of your friends over for a Christmas party in three days. Finally it was Tuesday evening and I got a hold of the bar. No clutch.

By now I am very frustrated and continuing down my shame spiral for getting drunk enough to lose my purse with my phone, ID, AND favorite lipstick. I give up, but there is so much to do before the party that getting a new phone will have to wait until Saturday or Sunday.

The morning after the party, Blake and I are laying in bed talking about how great we think everything went and recalling all of the funny things that happened throughout the night when his phone rings and the caller ID says Evan Allen. The conversation went like this...

Blake: Um hello - why do you have my wife's phone?
Girl: Were you at Russel Jones' wedding last weekend?
Blake: Yes
Girl: Well, I found this girls clutch in the back of my husbands car. He was at the wedding, but I could not go because I was out of town for work. Why was her purse in my husbands car?
Blake: Um, who is your husband?
Girl: Cameron (we know no one named Cameron)
Blake: Um someone must have picked it up because I was with her the whole time
Cameron (in the background): Seeeee!!! I told you!!!

After hanging up the phone and thanking her for mailing my purse back to us, we figured out that the only thing we did not think of is that after the reception, we hoped into some random dude's Tahoe (I think we were in the trunk) along with 10 other people to get safely to the bar that everyone was going to next. I must have left my purse in the car. Poor girl - who knows how long she has made Cameron sleep on the couch for suspicion of cheating on her.

Sorry for the confusion guys, but thank goodness I don't have to buy a new phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment