Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Time

As a newly wedded couple with a new house and a brand new set of drink ware, platters, and home goods, we thought it was a grand idea to host a Christmas party. Little by little we have come to discover how expensive and how much work a Christmas party for our 45 closet friends can be.

Of course, I have to go to Hobby Lobby, Accessory Place, Cornelius Nursery, Tuesday Morning, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel and any other place that Christmas decorations can be found to make sure my house looks like a perfect winter wonderland by the party. I was raised by my mother...if you have seen my parents house at Christmas time you will understand. It is amazing. After dropping quite a large sum of money (I won't say the number because Blake still doesn't know the grand total. I am saving him from a coronary), the house looks pretty dang good in my opinion. Pictures to come soon...

I also made a trip to Spec's just for the wine purchase. We are fully stocked up with Cabernet, Chardonnay, and Sauvginon Blanc. Blake said that 20 double bottles was a bit ridiculous and that I am nuts. At least the wine will be flowing, so friends - drink up so we can prove Blake wrong. He is self proclaimed in charge of buying the beer.

Food - I don't cook. One of my dearest friends, Emily, upon giving her the menu for the party asked if I was going to cook all of the food. After a good chuckle to myself and trying to make it seem as though cooking was an option, I replied some of both. "Some" means I will be making the dip. Everything else will be coming from Leibmans. Blake - "oh my gosh, Evan! This is ridiculous"! I'm sorry, I just do not have the patience for cooking so much!

Please tune in for many a pics from the lovely Christmas party as well as my, wonderful if I do say so myself, Christmas decor.

Merry Christmas Y'all! Can't wait for the parrrtay!

1 comment:

  1. ...and it was a grand party! Great job Evan! Now you just have to out-do yourself next year.

    ReplyDelete