Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Emerson's Nursery Reveal

Emerson's nursery is finally finished! I have loved every single second of putting her nursery together. It has really been one of the most fun projects for me, and I wouldn't settle for anything less than perfect in my mind. 

The room had sat empty or as extra storage since we moved into our house almost two years ago. I did have the room painted when we moved in because it was painted a dark navy before. The previous homeowners took the light fixture that was in the room so we didn't have any lighting in there until recently.

Here is the design board I made for the room. It was tweaked quite a few times in the process.


Here is the view entering the room. I find I want to just spend time in the room. Its so sweet and comfortable. I particularly love the Emerson name banner. That was part of the decor at my baby shower, and it looks so cute hanging above the window! My color scheme is white, light grey, dark grey, and light pink, and I didn't want to vary from that at all for a uniform look.


I get 20% off at Restoration Baby and Child because of my business so you better believe I took advantage of it. The chandelier, crib, bed crown, and floral animal prints are all from there.


Same goes for the dresser, mirror, and sconces. I tried so hard to find things that I liked from other places. Nothing really compared for me. 


These drawer organizers from IKEA were a great find. I hate items being loose in a drawer. These help give everything their place. 


These larger ones are great for diapers. As of now I have two kinds of diapers. Honest Company and Pampers Sensitive. I don't know which I am going to like better so we are going to have a trial period for each.


The adorable heart butterfly canvas I had custom made by someone on Etsy. I wanted something different and unique and think this is perfect. The gray throw I found at a shop in downtown Durango, and the acrylic pedestal table is from Wisteria. I had the pink pillow monogrammed at the Monogram Shop. The tufted velvet ottoman and floor lamp are from Restoration. 



The piggy bank was a gift from my sister, and I love it. The flowers are from One Kings Lane, and the clock is from Pottery Barn Kids. 


The glider is from Restoration as well and has a fabric on it where if something gets spilled you can just wipe it off. Genius for a baby glider. 


I wanted acrylic shelves to match the side table and found these for a bargain! They are actually supposed to be a display shelf for greeting cards, but work wonderfully as a bookshelves. Half of these books (the vintage looking ones) were mine when growing up. It's so fun to be able to use them in my daughter's nursery. The little crystal night light is from Restoration. 


The bunny rocker was a gift from the Fogles, and the toy basket is full of gifts from people and random things I have bought. However, the basket isn't really overflowing. I put some boxes at the bottom so the toys could been seen. I don't want her to be that spoiled from the get go! :)


The sheepskin rug is from Shades of Light, and its so soft. Sometimes Blake and I lay on it and just chat.


A close of up of two of the floral animal prints. 


The Princess Closet 

I wish I had a before picture of the closet. It was terrible. Completely unfinished because the previous homeowners took the built in shelves that was in their little boys closet with them. When we bought the house I thought "Oh, that's great. The closet is perfect for a baby". Well, not so much when we moved in. The carpet didn't even go to the wall and there were no baseboards so you could literally see inside the walls/floor of our house.

I had seen this picture on Pinterest and wanted the closet to look just like it. 

I hired California Closets to make it beautiful. They were pretty expensive, but their work was great. Here is the online mock up of what it would look like. I wanted to paint just the wall of the closet pink for a feminine touch. I used Restorations Petal color.


There weren't any doors for the closet when we moved in so instead of building doors, we added curtains. It makes it much softer. We probably won't ever close them. It is motivation for me to keep her closet neat and tidy.



I love these baby closet dividers I got from Etsy. Babies grow out of clothes so quickly that it helps to have a place for each size. 


Here is all of her 0-3 month stuff. 


I love having these open shelves to display things. The frames are from Homegoods, and they are just waiting for pictures from her newborn session. The little pink rose is from Michael's. The willow tree statue was a gift from Blake's mom, and the little silver cup was my baby cup. I love to reuse and repurpose things. 


I had her baby book made at Doodles. The mercury vase and flowers I made from things bought at Michael's. The love cut out came from Michael's as well. The gray bear was mine growing up, and the silver cup was Blake's baby cup. 


 More drawer organizers from IKEA. What a great thing for bows, hats, and headbands. I love that these are pink and gray.


A drawer for pacifiers, teethers, rattles, baby aviators, pacifier clips etc.  


We also had a laundry hamper built in to the closet. I promise I am usually not this organized. My nesting instincts have taken over in full force. Now, we just have to make sure that I maintain my organization! 


Counting down the days!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment