Monday, May 2, 2011

Palm Springs, CA - A Little Business and Pleasure

Last week I went to Palm Springs, CA for a NALP conference (National Association of Legal Professionals). The conference was Wednesday - Friday so I headed out Tuesday afternoon. Palm Springs is absolutely gorgeous, and hot!


The Rancho Las Palmas Hotel - where we stayed.


Golf course at the hotel.



The JW Marriott, the hotel the convention was held at. This is actually the same hotel where Jessie's dad got married on the Saved by the Bell Palm Springs episodes. The people I was with thought I was ridiculous for recognizing that. Whatever, I love SBTB.



The hotel had wild flamingos running around!


Me, Jen (boss), and Courtney (Baker Botts Houston recruiter) having drinks. Yes, we do have on matching necklaces. We both liked them so much with our outfits that we didn't care.



Love them!



Group of four. New addition is Lindsey, the Baker Botts Austin recruiter.


Haha - after dinner at a seafood and vodka bar. Don't ask.


Out!


Blake came out on Friday for a half price weekend trip.





On Saturday morning we did a hiking trail called Bump N' Grind. We love to go on hikes on trips. It is such a good way to see the area and get in a workout.


There were probably 100 golf courses in the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area.



Cute Blake at breakfast after the hike. The hotel had the best yogurt parfaits ever. I had one everyday!


So, since the hotel Saturday night was on us, we decided to switch. I got a great deal on a hotel on Hautelook Getaways. On our way there we stopped by Trader Joes (bc its awesome) and came out with 6 bottles of Two Buck Chuck. The next time you come over way may serve you two buck chuck, but tell you its a super nice wine. We will see if you can tell the difference. I bet not!


We get to the new hotel (The Riviera) and what we think is going to be a quiet relaxing afternoon by the pool is a raging pool party with DJ and all. The pool was packed! Apparently, people from LA and San Diego go to this hotel to party at the pool for the weekend. We counted 4 different bachelorette parties.


Super Mod hotel room. Not really Blake and I's style, but it was fun for a night. This is where Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope etc hung out during the 60s and 70s. It had been remodeled, of course.


Lunch on Sunday! You could never tell we are at the airport. The airport is literally mostly outside!



GREAT WEEKEND GETAWAY!

2 comments: